As your business grows, it’s important to evaluate whether or not the systems and tools that serve your business are fulfilling their goals and helping your company reach its potential. Maintaining tools and systems that no longer serve your business can be detrimental resulting in lost sales, dissatisfied customers, security and compliance risks, and more — all significant costs to a growing business.
How do you know when you’ve outgrown your current accounting software or business management systems? In this post, we explore several key warning signs that it’s time for an upgrade.
Warning Signs That Your Business Is At Risk
Here are warning signs to look for to determine if your basic accounting software or legacy systems are putting your business at risk:
- Time is frequently wasted and productivity lost due to having to deal with multiple, disconnected systems and applications that don’t talk to one another
- Even with a growing workforce to help navigate the load, manual processes result in error
- Report creation and configuration tends to be complicated and fails to produce the information needed to make decisions
- Reports of customer dissatisfaction and lost sales have surfaced as a result of incomplete or inaccurate information
- Concerns over security and compliance keep you up at night
Did one or more of the warning signs resonate with you? If so, it’s time to make a change.
Modernizing Your Tools and Systems
Upgrading your systems and applications has never been easier thanks to cloud-based solutions that enable small and mid-size businesses to expand their capabilities, improve their efficiency and mobility, and be prepared for what comes next as they adapt to ever-evolving business conditions.
With so many options, how do you know which solution is the best fit for your business? While there is no one-size-fits all approach, our team often recommends a technology platform like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Modern technology platforms like Dynamics 365 Business Central offer features and benefits such as:
- Full Integration. A single solution to manage financials, sales, services, and operations and boasts the ability to connect to the applications your team relies on such as payroll, banking, CRM, or custom APIs.
- Your entire business, connected. Systems and processes are automatically integrated eliminating the need for manual intervention by the team.
- Business process automation. Increase productivity through workflows, audit trails, and enterprise-level security.
- Comprehensive view of the business. With data aggregated from accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and customers, you have a holistic lens into the true state of your business. And with up-to-date data, your team can focus on finding trends, preventing issues rather than resolving issues, and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Mobile workforce. Give your team access to the information they need when they want it, where they want it regardless of their location.
- Intuitive design. Built to be easy-to-use, your team will be up and running from the start.
- A trusted solution. Microsoft is a trusted, leading technology provider that businesses of all sizes rely on around the world.
Is Business Central a Good Fit For Your Business?
Turn multiple disconnected systems into one easy-to-manage comprehensive solution with Business Central.
Business Central is a comprehensive business management solution that helps small and midsize companies connect their finance, sales, service, and operational teams within a single easy-to-use application.
For small and midsize companies who find themselves outgrowing their current systems or those who need their systems to do more for their business as they adapt to the ever-changing marketplace, Business Central offers the right-sized support.
Now, more than ever, your business needs the tools and resources within it’s arsenal to empower your people. Boost employee efficiency through automated tasks and workflows, maintain a complete picture of your business, and rely on built-in intelligence to keep your business moving forward.
When it comes to the advantages of cloud-based business applications, there has never been a better time to update your systems.
Contact our team to learn if Business Central is a good fit for your small or midsize business so your business can continue to reach its full potential.